Sr. Manager / Manager Strategy
Location & Country
Brief Job Description
As a member of the group’s strategy team, an incumbent will assist the MD office, Business leadership team, and Strategy Head/Group in planning , managing and driving mid-term and long-term business strategy, opportunities & threats as well as providing market research, analytical support, and decision making to enhance and strengthen
business core productivity, performance, profit, and maximize growth in order to deliver organisational value and effectiveness while enabling and enhancing long-term competitive advantage.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
Key Selection Criteria’s
Experience, in years
2-4 years of experience as business strategy analyst and planner role in consulting firms or large group manufacturing setups/ diverse business set ups
Having experience in similar industries will be an added advantage
MBA with Engineering Degree
Top Tier B school (India / Global)
Core Functional Area 1, with number of years of experience
Min. 3 years of proven experience in business strategy, risk and governance process and design.
Min. 2 year of working knowledge of managing strategic growth/ transformational initiatives for a diverse business group portfolio.
Having deep understanding of various elements of risk strategy
Core Functional Area 2, with number of years of experience
Min. 2 years of Project management and financial modelling experience in a complex set of business demands and managing against multiple objectives.
Overall business functional know-how, product management and GTM.
Core Functional Area 3, with number of years of experience
Min. 3 years of Industry research, analysis, data insights and conceptualization experience, Proven experience in financial and business modelling
Expert level experience in current technology and statistical tools qualitative, quantitative and financial analysis, Business strategic thinking
1. Support strategy development initiatives critical to the organization’s profitable growth, transformation, and sustainability.
2. Design and execute value added functional and cross functional business strategy, competitive plans and decision-making support.
3. Develop & Drive initiatives and tracking aimed at solving/ optimizing existing business processes & resources, debottlenecking or streamlining activities for value creation
Competencies Needed in Role
A. Behavioral Competencies
B. Functional Competencies
1. Big picture orientation along with razor sharp intelligence
1. Strong analytical, numerical, research, data driven and problem-solving skills
2. Excellent collaboration and influencing skills
2. Good business, financial & strategic acumen
3. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
3. Exceptional project management skills